Kent Falls Brewing’s Field Beer, brewed with 100% Connecticut-grown grains and hops.
Brewing beer with 100% local ingredients isn’t easy. These five breweries are making an effort, one beer at a time. Read more—with perspectives from the beers’ brewers and founders—on CivilEats.com.
1. Transmitter Brewing: NY4 / Queens, New York
2. Pike Brewing Company: Pike Locale Copeland / Seattle, Washington
3. Plan Bee Farm Brewery: Flower City / Poughkeepsie, New York
4. Kent Falls Brewing: Field Beer / Kent, Connecticut
5. Ruhstaller Beer: Gilt Edge California Golden Lager / Sacramento and Dixon, California
NYC Beer Week 2016 (Feb. 19 – 28) is almost upon us. With less than two weeks to go, it’s time to start planning which beers to seek out, many brought to you by the ever-growing and awesome group of talented New York City brewers. Lucky for all of us, some of us were clued in to what will be pouring throughout the 10-day “week” of incredible local beers.
The recommendations below include beers poured at the NYC Beer Week 2016 press preview held at Flatiron Hall on Jan. 27, 2016. Several of these breweries will also be debuting SMaSH beers on Feb. 19 during the city-wide SimulTap, or simultaneous tapping of State Malt and State Hop beers brewed specially for NYC Beer Week. Possibly the best lineup of these (10 SMaSH beers on tap) will be tapping at Banter on Feb. 19, but you can find them throughout the city and week in small quantities. Continue reading