In true craft beer form, rather than cry out in rage over Peyton Manning’s un-funded Budweiser plug on Super Bowl Sunday, the Brewers Association has done one better: sent him a bunch of craft beer to try.
Surely, someone with so much money and wordly experience must have missed the craft beer isle to call out Bud on game day, and no one knows this better than the Brewers Association, craft beer’s trade organization supporting small and independent craft beer brewers.
“Since Peyton happens to play in one of the most beer-centric states in the nation, we made sure to include a good number of beers that were local to Colorado in addition to a few other classic and approachable options from around the country,” the Brewers Association said in a blog post on CraftBeer.com.
Along with the beer, the BA included a letter from Julia Herz expressing congratulations and appreciation for all of Manning’s “hard work.” The letter reads:
To help you celebrate, we wanted to share some craft beers from the over 4,100 small and independent brewers in Colorado and beyond. These indie brewers represent the ethic and integrity that makes our country so great and are also worthy of support. We’ve included a variety of choices for you to enjoy.
Here’s what was included in the Peyton Manning craft beer care package:
- Black Bavarian German-style Schwarzbier from Sprecher Brewing Co. in Glendale, WI
- Apricot Blonde Ale from Dry Dock Brewing Co. in Aurora, CO
- Craft Lager (American Lager) by Upslope Brewing Co. in Boulder, CO
- Colorado Kolsch from Steamworks Brewing Co. in Durango, CO
- Racer 5 IPA from Bear Republic Brewing Co. in Healdsburg, CA
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager (Vienna-style Lager) by Boston Beer Co.
- Mojo IPA by Boulder Beer Co. in Boulder, CO
- Sawtooth Ale Nitro ESB by Left Hand Brewing Co. of Longmont, CO
- Session Cream Summer Ale from Full Sail Brewing Co. in Hood River, OR
- Graham Cracker Porter from Denver Beer Co. of Denver, CO
We’ll always be rooting for you, Julia.
One thought on “The Brewers Association Sent Peyton Manning Craft Beer Care Packages”
No matter how you lay out Budweiser is the single most recognizable name in the world. Just the name alone reminds everyone of some point in their lives. My old man swore by his bud. I’m sure Archie shared a few. Yet still craft beer reminds us yes there is always something better.